|Summary of the sites visit:
1st visit of the tour: MICHELIN
At the Michelin R&D Center, you will discover an innovation overview of the Group, and how Michelin aims to be a leader in sustainable mobility. An exhibit presenting some initiatives about sustainable and biosourced materials will complete the visit.
Metex Pilote et Pr-Pilote. © Jrme Pall, http //www.jeromepalle.com
2nd visit of the tour: METabolic EXplorer (METEX)
A pioneer in industrial biochemistry with 20 years of experience, METabolic EXplorer (METEX) develops alternative solutions to the petrochemical processes used in manufacturing. Using renewable raw materials, it develops innovative industrial fermentation processes to produce competitive chemical compounds used in basic products of everyday life such as animal feed and health additives, plastics, textiles, cosmetics, and resins, among many others. To create these innovative processes, METabolic EXplorer relies on a 70-person staff possessing the complementary competencies essential at every step of their development, from the optimisation of biochemical catalysts in the laboratory to the industrial validation and production of samples in an industrial demonstration unit in continuous operation. At the Clermont Limagne technology park, you will discover METabolic EXplorer’ laboratories (strain design and development; fermentation expertise from 0.5L to 5 cubic meter bioreactors; biochemical analysis) and you will visit METabolic EXplorer’ industrial demonstrator – a scalable and versatile tool, complete and integrated – that adapts in a relevant way to the development of each process by taking into account the industrial, energy, and environmental constraints of full-scale production.
3rd visit of the tour: BIOVITIS
Greentech group built the second Biovitis unit with a large capacity of fermentation (50L to 5 m3) and downstream processing in odrer to produce and to market micro-organisms and microbial derivatives of environmental, agronomic, cosmetic and alimentary value.
- You must have booked your conference pass AND also register for your visit(s).
- All registrations are submitted to the validation of the company organizing the visit.Transportation and lunch will be arranged by Clermont.
- 8:00 – Departure from Cité Internationale LYON
- 10:00 – 10:15 – arrival of the bus from Lyon
- 10:15 – 10:30 – welcome coffee at the RDI campus of Michelin
- 10:30 – 11:15 – visit of the MICHELIN Innovation Path
- 11:15 – 11:45 – R&D project’s presentation by MICHELIN
- 12:00 – 12:15 – transportation by bus to the Biopôle
- 12:15 – 13:20 – lunch at the Biopôle
- 13:30 – 14:30 : visit of METEX
- 14:40 – 15:40 : visit of Biovitis
- 16:00 : end of the visits and departure of the bus to Lyon