|Resume of site visit:
- The visit will begin with a presentation of the PolyNat Carnot Institute. You will then have the opportunity to discover the most relevant equipments and industrial pilots of some of our research centers.
The first part of the visit will be dedicated to the valorization of lignocellulosic materials and their new perspective in terms in innovation in paper industry : industrial pilots and facilities of the LGP2 (Laboratory of Pulp and Paper Science and Graphic Arts) : NFC coating pilot, NFC composite extruder, 3D printing. It will be followed by the innovation facilities of the CTP (Pulp and Paper Research & Technical Center) : extraction/cooking, bleaching, refining, recycling and coating pilot plants, and the chromatogeny pilot plant : a solvent free grafting technology that makes the paper water and oil-resistant !
The second part of the visit will be focused on the material characterization facilities: the X-ray tomograph and the “Biobiax” equipement : a biaxial press for thermo-hygro-mechanical characterization of bio-based material at the 3SR Lab (Soils, Solids, Structures and Risks Laboratory), and the platform of material characterization in CERMAV (Center for Reseach on Vegetal Macromolecules) which has particular expertise in the field of bio-renewable fillers and polymers (microfibrils and cellulose whiskers, proteins, etc.).
Description of the company:
- PolyNat Carnot Institute gathers eight Grenoble research centers dedicated to the design of innovative bio-based materials.
Involved in research partnership, PolyNat supports companies in their innovation projects, from the functionalization of bio-sourced molecules, from their controlled self-assembly, to the shaping of the materials up to the prototyping process at pilot scale.
The material properties that our teams strive to achieve are of interest for a wide range of industrial markets such as chemicals, health & cosmetics, packaging & innovative print substrates, wood building & furniture, energy & transport.
Summary of the site visit:
- After a short presentation of Processium and its services dedicated to the development of extraction and purification industrial processes for natural ingredients production, Processium will introduce its laboratory scale facilities including process unit operations, physico-chemical properties measurements, thermodynamics and kinetics data acquisition, and analysis. This will end by a -presentation of its pilot scale facilities focused on continuous distillation.
Description of the company/site:
- Founded in 2002 by engineers coming from the chemical industry, Processium is an independent company employing about forty collaborators and specialized in design, development and optimisation of processes for chemical and biotechnological industries. Processium provides services for the biggest industrial companies and also supports the industrialisation of projects coming from innovative start-up. Processium is located close to the scientific campus of Lyon (Rhone Valley, France) and is surrounded by some of the best research laboratories with which Processium collaborates regularly. Processium has high-level team of experts, laboratories dedicated to analysis, measurements and laboratory scale pilot units. Processium participates actively, in particular within the framework of collaborative research projects, in miscellaneous European technical and business clusters and associations.Processium has created in 2014 a subsidiary located on the scientific campus of Unicamp (São Paulo State, Brazil), and strengthens its commercial presence in Europe and in North America. This development comes along with the construction of new premises which locate in the same place its team of experts and enhance its technical means with, in particular, a new technological and demonstration hall which allow Processium to validate experimentally the processes, to produce samples and to accommodate the pilots of its customers.
- You must have booked your conference pass AND also register for your visit(s).
- All registrations are submitted to the validation of the company organizing the visit.
Transportation and lunch will be arranged by Institut Carnot Polynat.
- Departure of the bus from the Cité de Congrès of Lyon: 09:00 am
- Return to the Cité de Congrès of Lyon: 16:50 pm