BASF Beauty Care Solutions France’s visit
BASF BEAUTY CARE SOLUTIONS FRANCE
Summary of the site visit:
BASF Beauty Care Solutions Lyon
The activities of BASF Beauty Care Solutions France (BCS) will first be presented and will be followed by a visit of the research laboratory dedicated to the screening of ingredients thanks to skin engineering, genomics, proteomics and microbiology […]
|BASF Beauty Care Solutions Lyon
|Resume of the research laboratory visit:
- The activities of BASF Beauty Care Solutions France (BCS) will first be presented and will be followed by a visit of the research laboratory dedicated to the screening of ingredients thanks to skin engineering, genomics, proteomics and microbiology.
Description of the company:
- BASF BCS develops and produces high-tech bioactives to be incorporated into the composition of products for skin and hair care. The actives of botanical origin and encapsulation technologies are the main part of our portfolio dedicated to local and international brands of cosmetics. Research & Development is a core activity of BASF BCS and we recently created 3 strategic platforms to find out new scientific concepts for our future products: Microbiome, Epigenetic and Extraction.
Description of the visit:
- Different steps are essential to develop a new cosmetic active ingredient. We will present BCS cosmetic activity, the different phases of the development of our bioactives and the specific know-how developed for more than 30 years. The activities spread over our 3 sites in Lyon, Pulnoy and Levallois will be described, from research to production, control, objectivation and the creation of concepts.During the visit of the research laboratory based in Lyon, you will have the opportunity to discover our sourcing activity. We collect ant test raw materials that constitute our library of ingredients. We will then present the activity of the 3 local laboratories dedicated to the demonstration of in vitro biological activity of the bioactives:
- Skin engineering laboratory: to produce different models of reconstructed skin (epidermis, dermis and complete skin) as well as their different variants;
- Proteomics laboratory: to perform immunoassay, western-blot, protein-array, histology and microscopy;
- Microbiology laboratory: to investigate human commensal microorganisms, develop reconstructed microbiotic models and different methods of analysis.
- You must have booked your conference pass AND also register for your visit(s).
- You can attend the BASF visit in the morning and the PROCESSIUM visit in the afternoon.
- You have to register for each visit you wish to attend
- All registrations are submitted to the validation of the company organizing the visit
Transportation will be arranged by BASF:
- 8:30 am – Departure from Cité internationale of LYON
- 12:00 pm – Return to Cité internationale of LYON